Tips to Keep Your Jewelry Collection Radiant
1. Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals or any potent substances, such as perfumes or cosmetic products. Shield your collection from the corrosive effects of chlorine, sand, and saltwater by removing them before taking a plunge in the pool or ocean.
2. Don’t forget to remove them before engaging in any physical activities to avoid unsightly scratches and discoloration from sweat. And when it’s time to retire for the evening, take them off to avoid unintentional damages.
3. Ensure that your jewellery remains in their captivating condition by storing them in a clean, dry, and cool place. Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, which could potentially cause discoloration or damage.
4. To prevent sterling silver from oxidizing and tarnishing, it’s advisable to store it in a sealed bag or an airtight box when not in use.
5. Maintain your jewelry’s radiance with gentle cleaning. Mix a little soap with lukewarm water, and using a soft-bristled toothbrush, carefully clean each piece, paying attention to hard-to-reach corners. For stubborn dirt, repeat the process with clean water. Be mindful that gold-plated items require extra care, so be sure to clean them gently to avoid loss of plating.
6. A special silver-polishing cloth is a fantastic tool to restore the shine of your jewelry in the event that it becomes discolored over time. Nevertheless, it is essential to note that this technique will not remove scratches or dents present on the jewelry.
Nobody can guarantee that the gold-plating will last forever. Gold-plated items are, by their nature, more fragile and susceptible to lose color over time. The rate at which this occurs depends on various factors, such as chemical exposure, sweating, or pH levels. Hence, it is crucial to take proper care of your gold-plated jewelry to prolong their lifespan.